This is the homepage for OPSEU Local 565 Collective Bargaining. Our members are the front line employees of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario – a crown corporation reporting to the Ministry of Attorney General and responsible for the regulation of the Alcohol and Charitable and Commercial Gaming Industries, as well as provincially run lotteries and ticket retailers.
Our members make sure that these industries are operated with honesty, integrity, financial responsibility and in the public interest.
Our jobs include things like:
- Licensing and inspecting Ontario’s bars and restaurants where alcohol is sold
- Registering companies that operate or supply gaming facilities and their employees
- Registering lottery ticket retailers
- Developing and analysing policy
- Testing slot machines before they’re deployed and checking them for tampering once they’re in use
- Forensic Audit
- Information Technology
- Customer Service
- Inspecting gaming events or facilities for compliance