This is the homepage for OPSEU Local 565 Collective Bargaining. Our members are the front line employees of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario – a crown corporation reporting to the Ministry of Attorney General and responsible for the regulation of the Alcohol, Charitable and Commercial Gaming Industries, Retail Cannabis Sales, Horse Racing as well as provincially run lotteries and ticket retailers.
Our members make sure that these industries are operated with honesty, integrity, financial responsibility and in the public interest.
Our member’s job functions include:
- Licensing and inspecting Ontario’s bars and restaurants where alcohol is sold
- Registering companies that operate or supply gaming facilities and their employees
- Registering lottery ticket retailers
- Developing and analysing policy
- Oversight and regulation of Casino & Charitable Gaming
- Forensic Audit
- Information Technology
- Customer Service
- Completing Compliance Activities in the field